Minister visits St Albans City Hospital
- Credit: Archant
The issue of the currently-closed hydrotherapy pool at City Hospital was raised when a government minister visited St Albans to meet patients and staff.
Liberal Democrat Minister for Care and Support Norman Lamb was joined by his party’s prospective parliamentary candidate for St Albans Sandy Walkington when he visited the hospital.
He met patients and staff in the minor injuries unit, the day surgery unit and De La Mare ward.
Mr Lamb said: “I was really struck by the enthusiasm of all the staff, their obvious passion to achieve the best results for their patients, and their willingness to embrace new ideas, whether in the nurse-led minor injuries unit or the enhanced recovery programme for patients who have just undergone surgery.”
Mr Walkington said that the issue of the hydrotherapy pool – which has been closed since last summer – was raised. It is used in pain relief treatment and is particularly missed by those who were receiving treatment for conditions like arthritis.
You may also want to watch:
He pointed out that one of the problems with repairing the pool was that the lead organisation was the Herts Community Trust yet it was located on the City Hospital site which is run by the West Herts Hospitals Trust.
Mr Walkington added: “I briefed the Minister on the issue and was really pleased that he emphasised how important it is that local health organisations work together to provide the best possible services for local people.”
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company