Mini St Albans festival gaining traction in community
- Credit: Archant
Local businesses and performers have thrown their support behind an up-and-coming St Albans festival.
Stockwood Festival, which set up in 2014 as a private event but was opened to the community in 2016, will feature a licensed bar, a barbecue, a camp fire, and a roster of live music.
Acts include The New Ambassadors, The Natalies, Michael Kendrick, and Dizzee Lights.
One of the young entrepreneurs who founded the festival, George Bates, said: “Stockwood is a great opportunity to enjoy a late summer’s evening with the local community, meet new people and enjoy a glass entertained by some brilliant bands around a camp fire.”
There will also be a make-up artist and tasters from Jameson Irish Whiskey.
You may also want to watch:
Wheathampstead brewery Farr Berr will also be on site.
Gates open at 7pm on September 1 near Jersey Farm park. Tickets are £10 online in advance. Visit www.stockwoodfestival.com for more information.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park