Mills and Boon's bargain with Gail
A ROLLICKING romance written in author Gail Mallin s Mills and Boon days is now available as an audio book. Gail, who lives in Park Street Lane, produced a book a year for the imprint in the 1990s and has since learned that copyright returns to authors af
A ROLLICKING romance written in author Gail Mallin's Mills and Boon days is now available as an audio book.
Gail, who lives in Park Street Lane, produced a book a year for the imprint in the 1990s and has since learned that copyright returns to authors after a given period if a book is not republished.
As a result she has sold The Devil's Bargain, a romance set during the Restoration period, which she wrote during that period.
Gail, who wrote 10 historical novels for Mills and Boon at the rate of one a year in the nineties, described it as a, "Cinderella-type story about a country girl who comes to London seeking a husband at the court of King Charles II only to find love and unexpected adventure".
You may also want to watch:
The Devil's Bargain is published by Soundings Audio Books with the ISBN number 978-1-4079-0396-5 and local libraries should be able to obtain it.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared