Prestigious military band to perform in St Albans for 36th annual concert
- Credit: Royal Navy
A prestigious military band is coming to St Albans for their 36th annual concert.
The Royal Marines Band Portsmouth will play a wide variety of music, from military numbers to popular tunes, classical pieces, jazz bops and big band hits.
They have performed at military events around the country, including at the annual Festival of Remembrance in November at the Royal Albert Hall.
A Corps of Drums will also be making an appearance.
It is organised by the Rotary Clubs of Radlett, St Albans, and St Albans Verulamium, and over the years it has raised £250,000 for a range of charities.
You may also want to watch:
This year the concert is in aid of national autism charity Ambitious about Autism, family support service HomeStart, and homeless drop-in Centre 33.
Acting chairman of the organising committee, Tony Skirrow, said: “It will be a lovely, lively evening, with a wide range of music - it is a military band but they will be playing everything.”
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 10 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
It will take place on January 25 at the Alban Arena from 7.30pm. Call 01727 844488 to get tickets.