Milestone birthday for Bricket Wood Chairty stalwart
DEDICATED charity and community worker Stella Morgan has packed a lot into her 100 years.
The former social worker celebrated her milestone birthday last month at Allington Court nursing home in Bricket Wood, where she moved around nine years ago.
Mrs Morgan, who has two children, was born in Manchester and later moved to London after marrying her second husband. When he died of cancer in the early 70s, she started helping the families of those suffering at the hands of the disease and set up a help group in Harrow which she was still running into the 80s.
And her charity work didn’t stop there – she also helped the Jewish community and set up a camp for British citizens thrown out of Egypt during the Suez Crisis.
In her role as a social worker and counsellor Mrs Morgan, who now has four grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren, also supported single mothers, working at one point alongside Marie Stopes.
You may also want to watch:
Her hobbies included snooker and crosswords and she was the once the Bridge County Champion.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall