Mickey and Minnie Mouse are special guests at St Albans nursery’s charity barbecue
- Credit: Archant
The sound of African drums greeted parents, children and teachers who gathered for a charity barbecue recently.
Busy Bees nursery in King Harry Lane, St Albans, hosted a day of festivities to raise money for the Roald Dahl’s Marvellous Children’s Charity.
A bouncy castle, Socatots workshops, performers and Mickey and Minnie Mouse entertained guests, who raised £230 in the process.
The charity helps children who are seriously ill, focusing on those ‘who have the biggest needs’.
Nursery manager Ruby Sharma said: “Opening up the nursery doors was a huge hit, with lots of families - some familiar to us, but some new faces too - visiting us for the first time.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone loved meeting their favourite mice. There were photo opportunities galore and lots of hugs and laughter throughout the day.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital