Mickey and Minnie Mouse are special guests at St Albans nursery’s charity barbecue
- Credit: Archant
The sound of African drums greeted parents, children and teachers who gathered for a charity barbecue recently.
Busy Bees nursery in King Harry Lane, St Albans, hosted a day of festivities to raise money for the Roald Dahl’s Marvellous Children’s Charity.
A bouncy castle, Socatots workshops, performers and Mickey and Minnie Mouse entertained guests, who raised £230 in the process.
The charity helps children who are seriously ill, focusing on those ‘who have the biggest needs’.
Nursery manager Ruby Sharma said: “Opening up the nursery doors was a huge hit, with lots of families - some familiar to us, but some new faces too - visiting us for the first time.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone loved meeting their favourite mice. There were photo opportunities galore and lots of hugs and laughter throughout the day.”
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall