TV presenter Michael Portillo to visit St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Great Asian Railway Journeys presenter Michael Portillo is coming to St Albans to talk about his life and career.
'An Evening with Michael Portillo' will be held on Saturday, February 8 at Marlborough Road Methodist Church.
There will be a book signing and a meet and greet at 6pm, followed by a talk at 7pm where Michael will discuss his time as a cabinet minister and the start of his career in broadcasting.
Michael is known for his TV shows exploring the British, American and now Asian railways, as well as his brightly-coloured clothing.
Audiences are advised to come prepared with questions, which will form an important part of Michael's presentation, and all proceeds from ticket sales will go towards the Salvation Army.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £20, including refreshments, and are available from the door or in advance from the Salvation Army on 01727 855395.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans