TV presenter Michael Portillo to visit St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Great Asian Railway Journeys presenter Michael Portillo is coming to St Albans to talk about his life and career.
'An Evening with Michael Portillo' will be held on Saturday, February 8 at Marlborough Road Methodist Church.
There will be a book signing and a meet and greet at 6pm, followed by a talk at 7pm where Michael will discuss his time as a cabinet minister and the start of his career in broadcasting.
Michael is known for his TV shows exploring the British, American and now Asian railways, as well as his brightly-coloured clothing.
Audiences are advised to come prepared with questions, which will form an important part of Michael's presentation, and all proceeds from ticket sales will go towards the Salvation Army.
Tickets are £20, including refreshments, and are available from the door or in advance from the Salvation Army on 01727 855395.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival