TV presenter Michael Portillo to visit St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Great Asian Railway Journeys presenter Michael Portillo is coming to St Albans to talk about his life and career.
'An Evening with Michael Portillo' will be held on Saturday, February 8 at Marlborough Road Methodist Church.
There will be a book signing and a meet and greet at 6pm, followed by a talk at 7pm where Michael will discuss his time as a cabinet minister and the start of his career in broadcasting.
Michael is known for his TV shows exploring the British, American and now Asian railways, as well as his brightly-coloured clothing.
Audiences are advised to come prepared with questions, which will form an important part of Michael's presentation, and all proceeds from ticket sales will go towards the Salvation Army.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £20, including refreshments, and are available from the door or in advance from the Salvation Army on 01727 855395.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public