Meraki Festival team to hold weekend of entertainment in St Albans city centre
- Credit: Archant
The team from the Meraki Festival will be coming to St Albans city centre for a weekend of entertainment.
Activities will be held at Christopher Place on Saturday, May 13 to Sunday, May 14, with live music and craft activities.
Children will be able to explore a magical fairy city, going in search of fairy doors, with lots of glitter expected.
Tickets will also go on sale for the Meraki Festival, which takes place in August at the Herts County Showground. Activities in Christopher Place are free for visitors.
The line-up for the Meraki Festival includes R&B and soul singer Lemar, who is due to perform on the Saturday, singers Jason Donovan, Bonnie Tyler, Rebecca Ferguson and Sophie Ellis-Bexter, and Tony Hadley from Spandau Ballet.
The three-day festival runs from Friday, August 11 to Sunday, August 13 and will feature live music acts across three stages and various other events for families.
- 1 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 4 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 5 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 6 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 7 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 10 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins