No Meraki Christmas Festival in St Albans next year
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
There will not be another Meraki Christmas Festival in St Albans next year.
This year’s festival is running until tomorrow (22) and includes film showings, a Santa experience, comedy shows and food vendors.
Originally intended to be solely based at the Front Meadow near Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre, the festival was instead split across three venues to placate neighbours.
However, the festival’s site at Herts County Showground was closed down after three days due to power and weather issues.
Organiser Kerry Marks said: “It’s been pretty quiet here since the opening, unfortunately, so I don’t think we’ll be able to come back and do this one again.
You may also want to watch:
“I have read social media reviews from some people and I’m sorry I haven’t lived up to your expectations.
“To build this event in one day is pretty tough and it meant we were not able to do everything the way we wanted it to be.”
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues