No Meraki Christmas Festival in St Albans next year
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
There will not be another Meraki Christmas Festival in St Albans next year.
This year’s festival is running until tomorrow (22) and includes film showings, a Santa experience, comedy shows and food vendors.
Originally intended to be solely based at the Front Meadow near Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre, the festival was instead split across three venues to placate neighbours.
However, the festival’s site at Herts County Showground was closed down after three days due to power and weather issues.
Organiser Kerry Marks said: “It’s been pretty quiet here since the opening, unfortunately, so I don’t think we’ll be able to come back and do this one again.
You may also want to watch:
“I have read social media reviews from some people and I’m sorry I haven’t lived up to your expectations.
“To build this event in one day is pretty tough and it meant we were not able to do everything the way we wanted it to be.”
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25