Men sought for attempted burglary in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A gang of burglars who tried to break into a house in St Albans are being hunted by police.
The three white men, who were all wearing green cardigans with pads on the shoulders attempted to break into a house in Drakes Drive at around 4.40-4.45pm on Friday.
One of the men was seen knocking on the front door, and when no-one answered, the three men forced the door to the side of the property.
Investigating officer Det Con Chris Fisher said: “No entry was gained to the property, however damage was caused. The offenders realised they were being watched and made off on foot towards Richard Stagg Close. Where did they go? Did they get in to a vehicle? We would like to hear from anyone with any information about the attempted burglary.”
The men were of medium build and in their 30s. Two were wearing baseball caps and the third had short blonde hair.
Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Chris Fisher on the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 8 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 9 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 10 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt