Men arrested over spate of thefts from vehicles across St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been been arrested over the past week in connection with a series of thefts from vehicles in the St Albans area in recent months.
Murray Bierman, 37, of no fixed address, was arrested on April 17 in Sun Lane Harpenden. He has been charged with theft from a motor vehicle and appeared before Hatfield Remand Court today (19) where he pleaded guilty to theft from motor vehicle between March 21 and 22.
He has been granted conditional bail prior to sentencing on May 13 at Luton Magistrates Court.
A 41-year-old man from Luton was arrested on April 14, near to the train station in Harpenden, on suspicion of theft from motor vehicle and possession of criminal property. He has been released on conditional police bail pending further inquiries to return on June 6.
Det Insp Pete Frost from the St Albans Local Crime Unit said: “Since the beginning of April there have been 61 offences of thefts from vehicles.
You may also want to watch:
“We fully appreciate how these crimes can affect victims, not only for the inconvenience but for the cost of repairing any damage and replacing stolen items and we will continue to proactively target offenders.
Anyone who sees anything suspicious should call 101 or if they have information about people who are committing these crimes contact the independent crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their anonymous online form.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 10 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant