Men arrested in St Albans after members of the public help police
- Credit: Archant
More details have been released about the men arrested on Tuesday night for crimes in St Albans and Harpenden.
A St Albans resident spotted a man trying to break into homes in Gabriel Square, off London Road, just before midnight on Tuesday and detained him until police arrived.
Gary Jakeman, 29, of no fixed abode, was arrested and charged with an attempted burglary in Gabriel Square. He has been remanded in custody ahead of a court appearance on March 26.
On the same evening, a member of the public called police to say a man was acting suspiciously.
Trevor Housden, 44, of Bury Park Road in Luton, was charged with theft from a vehicle and possession of a knife, and given conditional police bail not to enter Harpenden.
You may also want to watch:
He is due to appear at Stevenage Magistrates Court on March 3.
Neighbourhood inspector Andy Wiseman said: ““We’d like to hear from anyone who believes they may have had property stolen from their vehicle in Harpenden. Please call 101 or report online at www.herts.police.uk/Report.”
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 3 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 6 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 9 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 10 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years