Men arrested in St Albans after members of the public help police
- Credit: Archant
More details have been released about the men arrested on Tuesday night for crimes in St Albans and Harpenden.
A St Albans resident spotted a man trying to break into homes in Gabriel Square, off London Road, just before midnight on Tuesday and detained him until police arrived.
Gary Jakeman, 29, of no fixed abode, was arrested and charged with an attempted burglary in Gabriel Square. He has been remanded in custody ahead of a court appearance on March 26.
On the same evening, a member of the public called police to say a man was acting suspiciously.
Trevor Housden, 44, of Bury Park Road in Luton, was charged with theft from a vehicle and possession of a knife, and given conditional police bail not to enter Harpenden.
You may also want to watch:
He is due to appear at Stevenage Magistrates Court on March 3.
Neighbourhood inspector Andy Wiseman said: ““We’d like to hear from anyone who believes they may have had property stolen from their vehicle in Harpenden. Please call 101 or report online at www.herts.police.uk/Report.”
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 8 Revealed: The most and least expensive places to buy a property in Hertfordshire
- 9 St Albans man's charity walk in memory of dad who died following heart attack
- 10 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans