Memorial walk pays tribute to Harpenden charity worker
- Credit: Archant
THE life of a “dedicated” charity worker will be remembered tomorrow when people will gather in Harpenden to take part in a sponsored memorial walk.
Community Meeting Point (CMP), a mental health charity in Harpenden, has organised the fundraiser in honour of their former manager David Brentnall who died after being struck by a train in January.
Participants will walk in the countryside around the town starting at 2pm from Amenbury Lane car park and will finish at CMP in Station Road at 4pm where a memorial plaque will be unveiled.
Manager Richard Thomas said: “We are doing this walk in memory of David Brentnall who was dedicated to helping local people who suffered because of their mental health.
“CMP is there to support those in need and all the money raised will go towards the good work we do in Harpenden so please come and join us this Sunday.”
Anyone interested in taking part should turn up on the day or for more information email email@example.com or call 01582 762579.
To sponsor the walkers visit http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/charity-web/charity/displayEventDetails.action?eventId=15909&charityId=1006216&invocation=evt0050
- 1 St Albans restaurant wins big in Curry Oscars
- 2 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 3 Property Spotlight: A stunning pub conversion in central St Albans
- 4 Founding CAMRA pub is on the market
- 5 Rearranged waste and recycling bin collection dates for Christmas and January in St Albans
- 6 Boreham Wood 4-0 St Albans City: FA Cup fairy tale comes to an end for The Saints
- 7 Comment: Sad times as St Albans faces the loss of another pub
- 8 Gift shop's £20K donation to cancer charity
- 9 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans