Melbourn man to appear at St Albans court next week charged with stealing £7,000 worth of bicycles
- Credit: Archant
A Melbourn man charged with stealing £7,000 worth of bikes from St Albans and Harpenden will appear at St Albans magistrates court next Tuesday.
Harley Wayne Jeffrey, 40, of Cherrypark Mobile Home, was at Hatfield magistrates court last week on several charges.
It is alleged between Sunday, September 18, 2016 and Wednesday, January 18, 2017 that Jeffrey stole 14 bikes totalling £6,956.
The bikes were stolen from St Albans city centre, City Station, and Harpenden station, and included one worth £1,500.
Jeffrey was also charged with stealing a motorcycle from Harpenden station, for which he will appear at St Albans magistrates on Saturday, November 25.
You may also want to watch:
He will appear before Luton magistrates next Monday charged with stealing £315 of cosmetics from Boots in Luton last March.
He must attend Cambridge police station daily until his court appearances.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 9 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 10 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game