Melbourn man to appear at St Albans court next week charged with stealing £7,000 worth of bicycles
- Credit: Archant
A Melbourn man charged with stealing £7,000 worth of bikes from St Albans and Harpenden will appear at St Albans magistrates court next Tuesday.
Harley Wayne Jeffrey, 40, of Cherrypark Mobile Home, was at Hatfield magistrates court last week on several charges.
It is alleged between Sunday, September 18, 2016 and Wednesday, January 18, 2017 that Jeffrey stole 14 bikes totalling £6,956.
The bikes were stolen from St Albans city centre, City Station, and Harpenden station, and included one worth £1,500.
Jeffrey was also charged with stealing a motorcycle from Harpenden station, for which he will appear at St Albans magistrates on Saturday, November 25.
You may also want to watch:
He will appear before Luton magistrates next Monday charged with stealing £315 of cosmetics from Boots in Luton last March.
He must attend Cambridge police station daily until his court appearances.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall