Melbourn man to appear at St Albans court next week charged with stealing £7,000 worth of bicycles
- Credit: Archant
A Melbourn man charged with stealing £7,000 worth of bikes from St Albans and Harpenden will appear at St Albans magistrates court next Tuesday.
Harley Wayne Jeffrey, 40, of Cherrypark Mobile Home, was at Hatfield magistrates court last week on several charges.
It is alleged between Sunday, September 18, 2016 and Wednesday, January 18, 2017 that Jeffrey stole 14 bikes totalling £6,956.
The bikes were stolen from St Albans city centre, City Station, and Harpenden station, and included one worth £1,500.
Jeffrey was also charged with stealing a motorcycle from Harpenden station, for which he will appear at St Albans magistrates on Saturday, November 25.
He will appear before Luton magistrates next Monday charged with stealing £315 of cosmetics from Boots in Luton last March.
He must attend Cambridge police station daily until his court appearances.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 6 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 7 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 8 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 9 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 10 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group