St Albans girl crowned Miss Junior Teen Hertfordshire
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans girl has been crowned Miss Junior Teen Hertfordshire.
Megan Gibbon has now won a place in the final of Miss Junior Teen Great Britain 2019.
The teenager, who lives in Markyate, beat hundreds of teens from across Britain to make it to the grand finals stage.
Her mum Anna Shaw said: "Megan is feeling excited and nervous for the finals, but is very proud to be representing her local area.
"She is working hard in her local community fundraising for Together for Short Lives and will be holding several events over the summer."
The winner of Miss Junior Teen Great Britain will come away with prizes including £500 cash, dresses from The Dress Studio, a crown and a sash.
The finals weekend is set to include a beauty queen challenge day, a pyjama party at a hotel and an on-stage finale event.
- 1 Club night revival in St Albans
- 2 St Albans woman stops British Grand Prix at Silverstone
- 3 Pest controller fights back against negative reviews
- 4 Teenager's arm broken during 'metal pole attack'
- 5 Moped crashes with pedestrian on St Peter's Street
- 6 Birch tree roots battle for St Albans neighbour
- 7 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 8 Woman assaulted by teenage boys in Hemel Hempstead underpass
- 9 14 bank cards stolen due to ATM fraud
- 10 10 reasons to visit this sustainable, family-owned farm shop in St Albans
It will be held on October 20 in Blackpool.