St Albans girl crowned Miss Junior Teen Hertfordshire
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans girl has been crowned Miss Junior Teen Hertfordshire.
Megan Gibbon has now won a place in the final of Miss Junior Teen Great Britain 2019.
The teenager, who lives in Markyate, beat hundreds of teens from across Britain to make it to the grand finals stage.
Her mum Anna Shaw said: "Megan is feeling excited and nervous for the finals, but is very proud to be representing her local area.
"She is working hard in her local community fundraising for Together for Short Lives and will be holding several events over the summer."
You may also want to watch:
The winner of Miss Junior Teen Great Britain will come away with prizes including £500 cash, dresses from The Dress Studio, a crown and a sash.
The finals weekend is set to include a beauty queen challenge day, a pyjama party at a hotel and an on-stage finale event.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
It will be held on October 20 in Blackpool.