Meet Harpenden’s Photographer of the Year
- Credit: Archant
The year’s best photographer in Harpenden has been announced by the town’s photographic society.
Paul Johnson, who has already won the accolade on three previous occasions, has been recognised by his peers in Harpenden Photographic Society (HPS).
The society, now in its 84th year, holds five internal competitions throughout the season.
The best images, as determined by an external judge, are awarded points which cumulatively count towards a final score .
Paul said: “It was a very close run race. For the first four rounds I had been trailing the front-runners and it was not until the last round that I just nudged ahead.
You may also want to watch:
“I was very lucky; it could have gone to anyone of three or four members. Winning this year is particularly rewarding as the last two rounds of the competition had to be run “virtually” with remote judges, one being locked down in New Zealand!”
Find out more at www.harpendenphotographicsociety.co.uk
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 6 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?