Meet Harpenden’s Photographer of the Year
- Credit: Archant
The year’s best photographer in Harpenden has been announced by the town’s photographic society.
Paul Johnson, who has already won the accolade on three previous occasions, has been recognised by his peers in Harpenden Photographic Society (HPS).
The society, now in its 84th year, holds five internal competitions throughout the season.
The best images, as determined by an external judge, are awarded points which cumulatively count towards a final score .
Paul said: “It was a very close run race. For the first four rounds I had been trailing the front-runners and it was not until the last round that I just nudged ahead.
You may also want to watch:
“I was very lucky; it could have gone to anyone of three or four members. Winning this year is particularly rewarding as the last two rounds of the competition had to be run “virtually” with remote judges, one being locked down in New Zealand!”
Find out more at www.harpendenphotographicsociety.co.uk
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 5 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans