Bricket Wood musician releases track to support Cancer Research
- Credit: Archant
Bricket Wood musician Alex Scott has released a track to raise £10k for Cancer Research.
Me & the Big C is about Alex’s struggles with three kinds of cancer over the course of 29 years.
He said: “I’ve previously supported Cancer Research UK [CRUK] in raising funds for their very important work.
“However, I consider it is a privilege to write a song and contribute to CRUK on a very difficult and emotive subject.”
Alex’s battle began in 1989 when he was 34 and diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Disease and was given a 50/50 chance of living.
You may also want to watch:
He was the only one out of several people being treated at the time to survive daily doses of chemotherapy and radiotherapy .
In 2014, he was diagnosed with skin cancer and in 2015, prostate cancer.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 4 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 5 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 6 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 7 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 8 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 9 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 10 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
The track is available from streaming services iTunes, Spotify and Amazon.
You can donate to CRUK via www.alexscottmusic.co.uk