Bricket Wood musician releases track to support Cancer Research
- Credit: Archant
Bricket Wood musician Alex Scott has released a track to raise £10k for Cancer Research.
Me & the Big C is about Alex’s struggles with three kinds of cancer over the course of 29 years.
He said: “I’ve previously supported Cancer Research UK [CRUK] in raising funds for their very important work.
“However, I consider it is a privilege to write a song and contribute to CRUK on a very difficult and emotive subject.”
Alex’s battle began in 1989 when he was 34 and diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Disease and was given a 50/50 chance of living.
You may also want to watch:
He was the only one out of several people being treated at the time to survive daily doses of chemotherapy and radiotherapy .
In 2014, he was diagnosed with skin cancer and in 2015, prostate cancer.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Green light given to new hospital project
- 7 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 8 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 9 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Highfield area of St Albans
The track is available from streaming services iTunes, Spotify and Amazon.
You can donate to CRUK via www.alexscottmusic.co.uk