McDonald’s St Albans Retail Park renovation creates 25 new jobs
- Credit: Archant
More than 25 new jobs have been created at a St Albans fast-food outlet after it was given a renovation.
The city’s McDonald’s store has been given what the restaurant calls a “digital makeover”, where four self-order kiosks have been installed so that customers can order their meals.
They can also browse the menu and look at nutritional information on the machines, which are being installed at McDonald’s stores across the country.
Table service has also been introduced to the St Albans Retail Park restaurant, as part of a wider roll-out starting with 500 stores in 2016.
Business manager Tracy Jackson, who runs the McDonald’s at the retail park, said: “Since we’ve re-opened we’ve noticed a change in how our customers are treating our restaurant.
You may also want to watch:
“People who used to pop in for a quick bite to eat are staying longer to make use of the tech we now have on offer, such as our tablets and free wifi.
“We’ve also noticed a difference in the way people are ordering, for example people are now more aware of our healthier options such as swapping fries for a side salad or adding a fruit bag to their children’s Happy Meal.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 3 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 4 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 5 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 6 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 7 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 8 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
“These changes have been designed to make our customers’ experience as positive as possible and the new technology benefits everyone – whether that’s providing people with a chance to get to grips with using a tablet in a relaxed environment, or providing mums with a quick and easy way of ordering their food.”