Mayor’s Sprint Triathlon this Sunday in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Fancy being a sporting star? Well it’s not too late to enter the Mayor’s Sprint Triathlon in St Albans this Sunday.
Taking place in Westminster Lodge and Verulamium Park, the event challenges entrants to complete a 200m swim, 5km cycle and 3km off road run.
For youngsters there will be a bouncy castle, arts and crafts and soft play, as well as a mini triathlon challenge.
Lesley Garner, general manager at Westminster Lodge said: “It’s set to be a great day out for the whole family and it’s a brilliant opportunity for cycling, running and swimming fans to try their hand at this popular Olympic sport and feel that sense of achievement when they cross the finish line.
You don’t have to be an experienced triathlete to take part so why not sign up, get active and do something amazing for Rennie Grove Hospice Care.
“It’s a brilliant local cause so we’re encouraging as many people as possible to join in.”
Limited on-the-day entries costing £20 will be available. Those wishing to participate must arrive between 10 and 10.30 am to register.
- 1 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 3 See inside this loft style apartment in a former hat factory
- 4 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 5 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 6 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 7 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
- 8 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
- 9 Harpenden neighbours condemn plans for builders merchant next to residential properties
- 10 Nearly 100 motorway cameras upgraded to catch drivers who flout red X rules
For more information call 01727 736080 or visit www.renniegrove.org/mayorstriathlon