Mayor’s Sprint Triathlon this Sunday in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Fancy being a sporting star? Well it’s not too late to enter the Mayor’s Sprint Triathlon in St Albans this Sunday.
Taking place in Westminster Lodge and Verulamium Park, the event challenges entrants to complete a 200m swim, 5km cycle and 3km off road run.
For youngsters there will be a bouncy castle, arts and crafts and soft play, as well as a mini triathlon challenge.
Lesley Garner, general manager at Westminster Lodge said: “It’s set to be a great day out for the whole family and it’s a brilliant opportunity for cycling, running and swimming fans to try their hand at this popular Olympic sport and feel that sense of achievement when they cross the finish line.
You don’t have to be an experienced triathlete to take part so why not sign up, get active and do something amazing for Rennie Grove Hospice Care.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a brilliant local cause so we’re encouraging as many people as possible to join in.”
Limited on-the-day entries costing £20 will be available. Those wishing to participate must arrive between 10 and 10.30 am to register.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 10 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
For more information call 01727 736080 or visit www.renniegrove.org/mayorstriathlon