Mayor’s Pride Awards to feature talk by Harpenden Paralympian David Clarke
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden’s Paralympic hero David Clarke will give an inspirational talk at the Mayor’s Pride Awards at the Alban Arena later this month.
Free tickets for the gala event on Thursday, March 26, are available now from the Arena.
The Mayor’s Pride Awards, organised by St Albans district council with media support from the Herts Advertiser, honours local people and groups for their achievements and contribution to the district.
Winners’ names will be revealed at the event, which starts at 6.30pm and features live performances.
Young people from the St Albans Mayor Cllr Geoff Harrison’s charity, the Living the Dream Foundation, will be opening the show with music and dance, and there will also be a performance from the St Albans Gospel Choir.
You may also want to watch:
Guest speaker David lit the cauldron at the London 2012 Paralympics opening ceremony.
Free tickets are available by reservation only from the Arena on 01727 844488 or visit www.alban-arena.co.uk
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 6 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 9 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 10 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter