Mayor’s Pride Awards to feature talk by Harpenden Paralympian David Clarke
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden’s Paralympic hero David Clarke will give an inspirational talk at the Mayor’s Pride Awards at the Alban Arena later this month.
Free tickets for the gala event on Thursday, March 26, are available now from the Arena.
The Mayor’s Pride Awards, organised by St Albans district council with media support from the Herts Advertiser, honours local people and groups for their achievements and contribution to the district.
Winners’ names will be revealed at the event, which starts at 6.30pm and features live performances.
Young people from the St Albans Mayor Cllr Geoff Harrison’s charity, the Living the Dream Foundation, will be opening the show with music and dance, and there will also be a performance from the St Albans Gospel Choir.
Guest speaker David lit the cauldron at the London 2012 Paralympics opening ceremony.
Free tickets are available by reservation only from the Arena on 01727 844488 or visit www.alban-arena.co.uk
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 6 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 9 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 10 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group