Mayor’s Carol Concert in St Albans this Sunday
- Credit: Archant
Pantomime stars have taken time off rehearsals to help the Mayor of St Albans get ready for a traditional Christmas carol concert which is being held this Sunday.
The Mayor, Cllr Annie Brewster, and Deputy Mayor, Cllr Brian Gibbard, will be hosting the concert which runs from 4pm at the War Memorial at the top of St Peter’s Street.
Gareth Gates and the other stars from the Alban Arena pantomime, Cinderella, will not be able to sing at the concert because of their Sunday matinee performance but have been helping the Mayor prepare for the event.
The event will raise funds for Rennie Grove House Hospice Care, which is inviting people to take time to remember departed loved ones by lighting a small candle during the concert.
The Mayor said: “Please take a break from Christmas card writing and join me on Sunday afternoon for traditional outdoor carols in the city centre.
You may also want to watch:
“We will be led by the St Albans City Band and the excellent St Peter’s Church choristers.
“We will all have the opportunity to light a candle to remember a loved one and refreshments will be available afterwards at the Blacksmith’s Arms. Everyone is welcome to come and sing with us to help raise funds for Iain Rennie Grove House Hospice Care, one of our vital local charities.”
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 4 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 7 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 8 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 9 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Written messages or prayers for peace may be placed on the railings surrounding the St Albans Christmas Peace Tree. Special colourful labels are available from the adjacent Rumball Sedgwick estate agents, the Blacksmith’s Arms pub and Cock pub.