Mayor of St Albans thanks postal staff for working hard over Christmas
- Credit: Archant
Local postmen and women have been thanked for delivering extra cards and parcels over the Christmas period.
The Mayor of St Albans, Cllr Frances Leonard, paid a visit to the St Albans Royal Mail delivery office, in Brick Knoll Park, to thank the staff for their hard work during their busiest time.
This year the Royal Mail has been celebrating its 500th anniversary, with the festive season marking half a millennium of delivering Christmas cards and parcels.
Cllr Leonard was shown around the office by manager, Jeromy Simpson, and got to see first-hand the operation of delivering Christmas post.
She said: “I thank them for the extraordinary lengths they go to ensure Christmas cards and present are delivered to loved ones on time, and for all they do year-round.
You may also want to watch:
“Both my mother and sister were postwomen, so I know first-hand how hard everyone works, in particular, during the festive period.”
Jeromy added: “We are extremely proud of our postmen and women for all their hard work during the festive seasons and for continuing our proud history of delivering Christmas mail.”
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 3 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 Jon Clements back with his 'family' as Colney Heath announce four signings for first Southern League campaign
The last recommended posting dates for Christmas are second class - Tuesday, December 20, first class - Wednesday, December 21 and special delivery - Thursday, December 22.