Mayor of St Albans thanks postal staff for working hard over Christmas
- Credit: Archant
Local postmen and women have been thanked for delivering extra cards and parcels over the Christmas period.
The Mayor of St Albans, Cllr Frances Leonard, paid a visit to the St Albans Royal Mail delivery office, in Brick Knoll Park, to thank the staff for their hard work during their busiest time.
This year the Royal Mail has been celebrating its 500th anniversary, with the festive season marking half a millennium of delivering Christmas cards and parcels.
Cllr Leonard was shown around the office by manager, Jeromy Simpson, and got to see first-hand the operation of delivering Christmas post.
She said: “I thank them for the extraordinary lengths they go to ensure Christmas cards and present are delivered to loved ones on time, and for all they do year-round.
You may also want to watch:
“Both my mother and sister were postwomen, so I know first-hand how hard everyone works, in particular, during the festive period.”
Jeromy added: “We are extremely proud of our postmen and women for all their hard work during the festive seasons and for continuing our proud history of delivering Christmas mail.”
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
The last recommended posting dates for Christmas are second class - Tuesday, December 20, first class - Wednesday, December 21 and special delivery - Thursday, December 22.