Maths pupil takes top exam spot out of 280,297 candidates
EIGHT candidates from one school in St Albans have performed among the best in the country at GCSE and A-level. St Albans School at Abbey Gateway has described as remarkable the success of their eight students who have featured in top examination lists.
EIGHT candidates from one school in St Albans have performed among the best in the country at GCSE and A-level.
St Albans School at Abbey Gateway has described as "remarkable" the success of their eight students who have featured in top examination lists.
David Phillips came first from all 280,297 candidates sitting AQA GCSE Maths papers and three of his fellow students were placed in the top 10 candidates taking Edexcel's drama exam.
Simon Collings, Simon Dean and Michael Grimshaw had all turned in fine performances in a school production of R.C. Sherriff's classic World War One play Journey's End.
You may also want to watch:
A-level students did just as well with Ben Gallop and Charles Read placed in the top 10 of Edexcel's government and politics exam. Unsurprisingly both have gone to Cambridge - Ben reading law and Charles reading history.
And two students from the school's design and technology department, John Cook and head boy Adam Wagenfield, were placed in the top 10 in Edexcel's product design A-level.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 6 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 9 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 10 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans