Massive thank you extended to two good St Albans Samaritans
- Credit: Archant
A massive thank you has been extended to two good Samaritans who helped a stranded St Albans woman.
Donna Parke, 30, from St Albans, was driving to work along Harpenden Road at about 10am on September 7 when she blew a tyre.
Having little knowledge of how to fix the problem, Donna was in a sticky situation - until two men stopped to help her.
Donna knew them only as Rob and Paul, saying they work for one of St Albans district council’s contractors, Veolia.
She said: “A massive thank you to Rob and Paul for rescuing me on Harpenden Road, they were very helpful.
You may also want to watch:
“I would have been stuck there all day in distress not knowing what to do if they had not come along, and people normally just drive straight past.”
Rob and Paul looked at the tyre and took her to the nearest garage, where she got a lift home.
- 1 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 2 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 3 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 4 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 5 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 6 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 7 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
Veolia handle all of the district’s recycling, waste and street cleansing.