Massive thank you extended to two good St Albans Samaritans
- Credit: Archant
A massive thank you has been extended to two good Samaritans who helped a stranded St Albans woman.
Donna Parke, 30, from St Albans, was driving to work along Harpenden Road at about 10am on September 7 when she blew a tyre.
Having little knowledge of how to fix the problem, Donna was in a sticky situation - until two men stopped to help her.
Donna knew them only as Rob and Paul, saying they work for one of St Albans district council’s contractors, Veolia.
She said: “A massive thank you to Rob and Paul for rescuing me on Harpenden Road, they were very helpful.
“I would have been stuck there all day in distress not knowing what to do if they had not come along, and people normally just drive straight past.”
Rob and Paul looked at the tyre and took her to the nearest garage, where she got a lift home.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 5 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 8 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 9 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 10 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
Veolia handle all of the district’s recycling, waste and street cleansing.