Massive thank you extended to two good St Albans Samaritans
- Credit: Archant
A massive thank you has been extended to two good Samaritans who helped a stranded St Albans woman.
Donna Parke, 30, from St Albans, was driving to work along Harpenden Road at about 10am on September 7 when she blew a tyre.
Having little knowledge of how to fix the problem, Donna was in a sticky situation - until two men stopped to help her.
Donna knew them only as Rob and Paul, saying they work for one of St Albans district council’s contractors, Veolia.
She said: “A massive thank you to Rob and Paul for rescuing me on Harpenden Road, they were very helpful.
You may also want to watch:
“I would have been stuck there all day in distress not knowing what to do if they had not come along, and people normally just drive straight past.”
Rob and Paul looked at the tyre and took her to the nearest garage, where she got a lift home.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
Veolia handle all of the district’s recycling, waste and street cleansing.