Masked robbers target St Albans shop
- Credit: Archant
Masked robbers targeted a grocery shop in St Albans this weekend.
Two people wearing all black went to the Co-op in How Wood at about 6.30am on February 11 to intimidate staff and steal money.
The offenders, who were black and between 25 and 35, demanded cash from employees before leaving and making off in an unknown direction.
No-one was injured during the robbery but Herts police are appealing for information and witnesses.
Investigating Det Con Jody Perrin said: “Despite the time of day, we believe that there were several people in the area at the time of the robbery who may have information that could assist our investigation.
You may also want to watch:
“If you have not already spoken to police and believe you have information that could assist the investigation please contact me by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.”
People can also call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 4 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans