Masked robbers target St Albans shop
- Credit: Archant
Masked robbers targeted a grocery shop in St Albans this weekend.
Two people wearing all black went to the Co-op in How Wood at about 6.30am on February 11 to intimidate staff and steal money.
The offenders, who were black and between 25 and 35, demanded cash from employees before leaving and making off in an unknown direction.
No-one was injured during the robbery but Herts police are appealing for information and witnesses.
Investigating Det Con Jody Perrin said: “Despite the time of day, we believe that there were several people in the area at the time of the robbery who may have information that could assist our investigation.
You may also want to watch:
“If you have not already spoken to police and believe you have information that could assist the investigation please contact me by emailing email@example.com.”
People can also call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 9 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 10 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions