Masked gang attack unsuspecting victim in his Bricket Wood bedroom
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A masked gang attacked and pummelled an unsuspecting man inside his Bricket Wood home while demanding cash.
Four thugs broke into a shared flat on Old Watford Road at about 10.45pm on January 25, surprising the 41-year-old victim in his bedroom.
Three of the criminals punched, kicked, and hit the victim when he did not hand over money, while a fourth waited outside on the landing.
One of them was wearing a skeleton mask to obscure his face.
However, when the victim called out for help to his housemates, the offenders fled empty-handed in an unknown direction.
St Albans Local Crime Unit Det Con Jody Perrin said: “This was a particularly unusual incident where the burglars used violence against the victim in order to try and extract money from him.
“He suffered head and face injuries including a broken nose as a result.”
- 1 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 2 Where and when can you see Santa's float in St Albans?
- 3 Man wanted for criminal damage at The Horn pub
- 4 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 5 Restaurant review: Christmas at The Ivy in St Albans
- 6 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
- 7 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 St Albans city centre road closures reduce spaces for Blue Badge holders
- 10 Hit and run on deadly Redbourn Road
The offenders were wearing all black - jackets, jogging bottoms and trainers - with various gloves. Two of them were sporting orange and white gloves, a third had donned a latex type, and the fourth man was wearing ones in a black and red motorcycle style.
Anyone with information about the incident should call 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, using crime reference F3/18/186.