Masked gang attack unsuspecting victim in his Bricket Wood bedroom
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A masked gang attacked and pummelled an unsuspecting man inside his Bricket Wood home while demanding cash.
Four thugs broke into a shared flat on Old Watford Road at about 10.45pm on January 25, surprising the 41-year-old victim in his bedroom.
Three of the criminals punched, kicked, and hit the victim when he did not hand over money, while a fourth waited outside on the landing.
One of them was wearing a skeleton mask to obscure his face.
However, when the victim called out for help to his housemates, the offenders fled empty-handed in an unknown direction.
You may also want to watch:
St Albans Local Crime Unit Det Con Jody Perrin said: “This was a particularly unusual incident where the burglars used violence against the victim in order to try and extract money from him.
“He suffered head and face injuries including a broken nose as a result.”
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
The offenders were wearing all black - jackets, jogging bottoms and trainers - with various gloves. Two of them were sporting orange and white gloves, a third had donned a latex type, and the fourth man was wearing ones in a black and red motorcycle style.
Anyone with information about the incident should call 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, using crime reference F3/18/186.