Indian takeaway in Markyate crowned best in the UK
- Credit: Archant
An Indian takeaway in Markyate was crowned best in the UK after winning top prize at the Curry Life awards.
Fusion Foods in High Street won in the 'best takeaway' category at the annual awards ceremony in London.
The takeaway is the second business which owner Gyash Uddin has opened in the town. He said: "It's a great location on the corner of a junction and I snapped it up after the previous business closed.
"We opened in January and things have just got better and better."
The business employs eight staff, serving up to 60 meals on a weeknight and up to 90 on weekends within a three-mile delivery zone. Chef specials include king tandoori prawn and Fusion special biryani.
You may also want to watch:
Just Eat UK managing director Andrew Kenny said: "A massive congratulations to all of the nominees and winners on your achievements - you truly are the best of the best."
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 3 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 4 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 5 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 6 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 7 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 8 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?