Indian takeaway in Markyate crowned best in the UK
- Credit: Archant
An Indian takeaway in Markyate was crowned best in the UK after winning top prize at the Curry Life awards.
Fusion Foods in High Street won in the 'best takeaway' category at the annual awards ceremony in London.
The takeaway is the second business which owner Gyash Uddin has opened in the town. He said: "It's a great location on the corner of a junction and I snapped it up after the previous business closed.
"We opened in January and things have just got better and better."
The business employs eight staff, serving up to 60 meals on a weeknight and up to 90 on weekends within a three-mile delivery zone. Chef specials include king tandoori prawn and Fusion special biryani.
You may also want to watch:
Just Eat UK managing director Andrew Kenny said: "A massive congratulations to all of the nominees and winners on your achievements - you truly are the best of the best."
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 6 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 9 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests