Markyate horticulturist in the running for national award
- Credit: Archant
A horticulturist from Markyate has progressed to the semi-final in Screwfix’s competition to find Britain’s top tradeperson.
Paul Cramp runs Amberley Garden Services, a company which provides garden maintenance, design and horticultural consultancy.
The competition had over 1,000 entries, but only 10 will make it to the live final in September. During the semi-final, Screwfix representatives will interview Paul about his business, trade skills, customer service and ambitions.
Paul said: "There is a serious shortage of skilled horticulturists in the UK and my agenda is to raise the profile of the trade."
The winner will receive £20,000 in tools, tech and future training.
You may also want to watch:
Director of brand and marketing at Screwfix Caroline Welsh said: "We are looking for phenomenal tradespeople who go that extra mile for their customers."
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 3 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 4 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 5 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 9 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans