Markyate horticulturist in the running for national award
- Credit: Archant
A horticulturist from Markyate has progressed to the semi-final in Screwfix’s competition to find Britain’s top tradeperson.
Paul Cramp runs Amberley Garden Services, a company which provides garden maintenance, design and horticultural consultancy.
The competition had over 1,000 entries, but only 10 will make it to the live final in September. During the semi-final, Screwfix representatives will interview Paul about his business, trade skills, customer service and ambitions.
Paul said: "There is a serious shortage of skilled horticulturists in the UK and my agenda is to raise the profile of the trade."
The winner will receive £20,000 in tools, tech and future training.
You may also want to watch:
Director of brand and marketing at Screwfix Caroline Welsh said: "We are looking for phenomenal tradespeople who go that extra mile for their customers."
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan