Markyate horticulturist in the running for national award
- Credit: Archant
A horticulturist from Markyate has progressed to the semi-final in Screwfix’s competition to find Britain’s top tradeperson.
Paul Cramp runs Amberley Garden Services, a company which provides garden maintenance, design and horticultural consultancy.
The competition had over 1,000 entries, but only 10 will make it to the live final in September. During the semi-final, Screwfix representatives will interview Paul about his business, trade skills, customer service and ambitions.
Paul said: "There is a serious shortage of skilled horticulturists in the UK and my agenda is to raise the profile of the trade."
The winner will receive £20,000 in tools, tech and future training.
Director of brand and marketing at Screwfix Caroline Welsh said: "We are looking for phenomenal tradespeople who go that extra mile for their customers."
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 9 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area