Police appeal to find witnesses of Markyate crash which left pedestrian with critical injuries
- Credit: Archant
Police officers are searching to find any witnesses of a Markyate crash that left a pedestrian with critical injuries.
At about 4.30am on September 1, Bedfordshire Police were called to the northbound carriageway of the A5183, between Markyate and Kensworth.
A blue Mercedes hit a man in his 20s, who was taken to hospital with serious injuries, and the road was closed.
The man is still in a critical condition.
Sgt Russ Jones from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit said: "We are appealing for anyone who may have seen the vehicle or the pedestrian at the time of the collision, or a short time before, and in particular anyone who has dashcam footage.
You may also want to watch:
"This information will help us establish what happened."
Anyone with information should contact Sgt Jones on 101 with reference Op Molong.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 7 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans