Police appeal to find witnesses of Markyate crash which left pedestrian with critical injuries
- Credit: Archant
Police officers are searching to find any witnesses of a Markyate crash that left a pedestrian with critical injuries.
At about 4.30am on September 1, Bedfordshire Police were called to the northbound carriageway of the A5183, between Markyate and Kensworth.
A blue Mercedes hit a man in his 20s, who was taken to hospital with serious injuries, and the road was closed.
The man is still in a critical condition.
Sgt Russ Jones from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit said: "We are appealing for anyone who may have seen the vehicle or the pedestrian at the time of the collision, or a short time before, and in particular anyone who has dashcam footage.
You may also want to watch:
"This information will help us establish what happened."
Anyone with information should contact Sgt Jones on 101 with reference Op Molong.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved