Markyate company’s starring role in Oscars coverage
- Credit: Sky News
A MARKYATE business provided glitz and glamour to Sky’s Oscars coverage on Sunday (24) as their boutique furniture featured in the studio broadcast.
The news channel’s showbiz team in Brentford created a replica of the pool area at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel for their report on the awards and requested Rio Lounge’s designs.
Jo Morris, director of the furniture company, said she was looking forward to seeing the chosen pieces on television with host Alex Zane.
Rio Lounge has also provided chairs and seats for TV programme The Only Way is Essex and the Twilight premiere.
The Oscars saw Daniel Day Lewis become the first man to win the Best Actor gong three times.
You may also want to watch:
Jennifer Lawrence and Anne Hathaway also walked away with a win and received the Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress award respectively.
Ben Affleck’s film Argo won the Oscar for Best Picture, while Ang Lee secured Best Director for his film Life of Pi.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
For the full story see this week’s Herts Advertiser.
To find out more about Rio Lounge visit www.riolounge.co.uk