Marks & Spencer branch raises thousands for Grove House
THOUSANDS of pounds have been raised for Grove House by Marks & Spencer in London Colney to mark the chain s 125th birthday. Stores across the country were asked to choose a local charity as the focus for their fundraising during the year and the London C
THOUSANDS of pounds have been raised for Grove House by Marks & Spencer in London Colney to mark the chain's 125th birthday.
Stores across the country were asked to choose a local charity as the focus for their fundraising during the year and the London Colney branch really took the challenge to heart.
In five months they have managed to raise nearly �5,400 with the company adding another �1,100.
The enthusiastic fundraising team at the store arranged an array of fundraising schemes including sponsored events, raffles and tombolas. The store also provided champagne, bottled water and other refreshments for some of the hospice's landmark events such as the Midnight Walk and the Herts 10K.
You may also want to watch:
Heather Kemp from Marks & Spencer said: "Grove House is a very special place and close to the hearts of many of our staff here. The commitment from the team was amazing, many giving up their own time to bag pack to help promote this year's Midnight Walk. Our fundraising is on-going as people are still coming up with new ideas."
Paul Parrish, fundraising director at Grove House, welcomed the support from Marks & Spencer. He said: "We are continuing to expand our services here at Grove House and in this uncertain economic climate, every single penny counts.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 6 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 9 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 10 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
"We are working harder than ever to bring in as much money as possible."
If your company would like to support Grove House, contact the fundraising team on 01727 731008 or visit www.grove-house.org.uk where there is information on all the hospice services.