Market Place parking restrictions to be enforced by St Albans council from July
- Credit: Archant
Parking restrictions in Market Place, Spencer Street, and Upper Dagnall Street in St Albans will be enforced from Saturday, July 1.
Visitors will have to park in pay and display bays for just one hour on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Sundays, from 8am to 6.30pm.
Parking on market days will be prohibited from 3am and 6.30pm.
Council portfolio holder for business, Cllr Beric Read, said: “The parking restrictions will help the local economy.
“There will be an increase in the turnover of parking spots so more people can visit local shops and businesses.”
You may also want to watch:
The council say the traffic regulation order codifying the restrictions was brought in following a public consultation process.
Single yellow lines have been painted in the bays to alert people to market day restrictions, and pay and display ticket machines have been installed.
More information about parking is on the council’s website at www.stalbans.gov.uk/transport-and-streets/parking
- 1 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area