Man who died in St Albans road accident named
THE pedestrian who died after being involved in an accident on Sunday morning has been named as 29-year-old Luke Moloney.
He had been walking along Hatfield Road in Smallford at around 2am when he was involved in a collision with a taxi – a white Toyota Previa.
Mr Moloney, who was from the St Albans area, was taken to the QE11 hospital where he died of his injuries.
Police are investigating the circumstances of the collision and Pc Matt Hollingsworth said: “Our thoughts are with the man’s family at this difficult time. The collision occurred near to Notcutts Nursery on the Hatfield Road and although it occurred in the early hours of the morning, this road is a main road and is still busy.”
“I’m keen to talk to anyone who may have seen the pedestrian prior to the collision, or anyone who witnessed the collision but was unable to stop at the scene.”
Anyone who can help should call the Road Crash Investigation Unit via the non-emergency number 0845 33 00 222.
No arrests have been made in connection with the accident.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt