Man who died in St Albans road accident named
THE pedestrian who died after being involved in an accident on Sunday morning has been named as 29-year-old Luke Moloney.
He had been walking along Hatfield Road in Smallford at around 2am when he was involved in a collision with a taxi – a white Toyota Previa.
Mr Moloney, who was from the St Albans area, was taken to the QE11 hospital where he died of his injuries.
Police are investigating the circumstances of the collision and Pc Matt Hollingsworth said: “Our thoughts are with the man’s family at this difficult time. The collision occurred near to Notcutts Nursery on the Hatfield Road and although it occurred in the early hours of the morning, this road is a main road and is still busy.”
“I’m keen to talk to anyone who may have seen the pedestrian prior to the collision, or anyone who witnessed the collision but was unable to stop at the scene.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who can help should call the Road Crash Investigation Unit via the non-emergency number 0845 33 00 222.
No arrests have been made in connection with the accident.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 7 Shortages crisis hits district
- 8 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 9 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book