Man wanted after sexual assault in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Police have released a facial reconstruction of a man they are looking for after a woman was sexually assaulted in St Albans.
An 18-year-old woman was assaulted while walking in Royal Road between 7pm and 7.15pm on Monday, June 26.
She was walking on the pavement when she was approached by the offender, who was riding a pedal bike. He began talking to her before sexually assaulting her and cycling off towards Hatfield Road.
Shortly afterwards, the same offender approached the victim again, in Brampton Road, where he spoke to her and sexually assaulted her again.
The victim, who was physically unharmed, ran to a nearby house to seek help.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con James Kier, from the Local Crime Unit, said: “This was an understandably distressing incident for the victim and she is being supported by our officers while the investigation continues.
“I would ask that anyone who recognises the man pictured to please come forward and speak to us. I would also like to reassure the community that this is an isolated incident and we are doing all we can to trace the offender.”
If you recognise the man pictured, please contact Hertfordshire Constabulary via the non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference F1/17/3027 or report information online at www.contacthertspolice.uk/Report/Crime.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 5 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 6 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 7 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans