Man ‘touched himself inappropriately outside church’ in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 70s allegedly touched himself outside a church in St Albans on Monday (9).
The man, said to be in his mid 70s, was outside the Methodist Church in Hatfield Road on between 2.40 and 2.50pm when he allegedly touched himself inappropriately.
He is described as white with a ponytail and was wearing a baseball cap.
Police are appealing for witnesses. Det Cons Dave Richards said: “I am particularly keen to speak to a woman who was walking with a young child and is believed to have witnessed what happened.”
A man from St Albans has been arrested on suspicion of outraging public decency and has been bailed while police enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call police on the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 9 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 10 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game