Man ‘touched himself inappropriately outside church’ in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 70s allegedly touched himself outside a church in St Albans on Monday (9).
The man, said to be in his mid 70s, was outside the Methodist Church in Hatfield Road on between 2.40 and 2.50pm when he allegedly touched himself inappropriately.
He is described as white with a ponytail and was wearing a baseball cap.
Police are appealing for witnesses. Det Cons Dave Richards said: “I am particularly keen to speak to a woman who was walking with a young child and is believed to have witnessed what happened.”
A man from St Albans has been arrested on suspicion of outraging public decency and has been bailed while police enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call police on the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 7 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land