Man injured in car and lorry crash on M1 near St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A man was taken to hospital following a crash on the M1 this morning near Junction 8 for St Albans.
The ambulance service was called at 5.32am to a collision between a lorry and a car on the southbound carriageway.
An ambulance crew treated a man, believed to be in his 20s, for head and leg injuries.
He was taken to Watford General Hospital, and his injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
As of midday, the M1 remains closed southbound, with Herts police on the scene carrying out an investigation of the collision.
You may also want to watch:
A gritter has been requested to treat the road prior to reopening.
Earlier this morning, Highways England warned of severe delays of about two hours back to Junction 11 for Dunstable, and advised motorists to allow extra travelling time or consider alternative routes if possible.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 7 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school