Man injured in car and lorry crash on M1 near St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A man was taken to hospital following a crash on the M1 this morning near Junction 8 for St Albans.
The ambulance service was called at 5.32am to a collision between a lorry and a car on the southbound carriageway.
An ambulance crew treated a man, believed to be in his 20s, for head and leg injuries.
He was taken to Watford General Hospital, and his injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
As of midday, the M1 remains closed southbound, with Herts police on the scene carrying out an investigation of the collision.
You may also want to watch:
A gritter has been requested to treat the road prior to reopening.
Earlier this morning, Highways England warned of severe delays of about two hours back to Junction 11 for Dunstable, and advised motorists to allow extra travelling time or consider alternative routes if possible.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 6 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 7 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works