Man suffers serious injuries following collision near St Albans
ROAD closures were put in place at King Harry Lane on Friday evening, after a man sustained serious injuries in a collision on Hemel Hempstead Road (A4147).
Police were called just after 6.30pm following reports a green Ford Fiesta had left the carriageway, near to Blackwater Lane and come to a stop in a field next to the road.
It is not known at this stage how the vehicle came to leave the road.
The passenger, a man in his early 20s from Harlow, Essex, sustained serious injuries and was taken to St Mary’s Hospital in London in a critical but stable condition. His next of kin were informed.
The driver, a 20-year-old man also from Essex, was uninjured in the collision.
Several closures were placed on the road to assist investigators and allow the vehicle to be recovered. The road reopened at around 10.15pm.
Sgt Andrew Nayler, investigating, said: “We are looking for anyone who may have seen a car matching the condition prior to the incident or who was in the area at the time and has any information on the collision to get in touch.
- 1 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
- 2 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 3 Man threatened officers with 'bomb' at police station
- 4 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 5 Motorbike strikes barrier on North Orbital Road near St Albans
- 6 Village prepares for return of Scarecrow Festival after three years
- 7 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 8 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 9 'Summer holiday blues? Why I'm gloating about being child-free'
- 10 Meet Hertfordshire's Birmingham 2022 medal winners
“We would particularly like to speak to those in a white Fiat 500 which we believe was in the area at the time, as they could have information which is vital to the investigation.”
Anyone with information can contact police via the non-emergency number 101.