Man suffers serious injuries following collision near St Albans
ROAD closures were put in place at King Harry Lane on Friday evening, after a man sustained serious injuries in a collision on Hemel Hempstead Road (A4147).
Police were called just after 6.30pm following reports a green Ford Fiesta had left the carriageway, near to Blackwater Lane and come to a stop in a field next to the road.
It is not known at this stage how the vehicle came to leave the road.
The passenger, a man in his early 20s from Harlow, Essex, sustained serious injuries and was taken to St Mary’s Hospital in London in a critical but stable condition. His next of kin were informed.
The driver, a 20-year-old man also from Essex, was uninjured in the collision.
You may also want to watch:
Several closures were placed on the road to assist investigators and allow the vehicle to be recovered. The road reopened at around 10.15pm.
Sgt Andrew Nayler, investigating, said: “We are looking for anyone who may have seen a car matching the condition prior to the incident or who was in the area at the time and has any information on the collision to get in touch.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
“We would particularly like to speak to those in a white Fiat 500 which we believe was in the area at the time, as they could have information which is vital to the investigation.”
Anyone with information can contact police via the non-emergency number 101.