Man suffers burns in house fire

A MAN suffered burns when a fire broke out at his home yesterday (Monday) afternoon. Firefighters were called to the blaze in Alban Avenue, St Albans, just before 5pm where they found smoke coming from the first floor of a house. Some of the firefighters

A MAN suffered burns when a fire broke out at his home yesterday (Monday) afternoon.

Firefighters were called to the blaze in Alban Avenue, St Albans, just before 5pm where they found smoke coming from the first floor of a house.

Some of the firefighters from St Albans fire station treated the casualty before the ambulance arrived while others entered the property to deal with the fire.

The fire, which had started by accident, was out by 5.30pm.


You may also want to watch:


An ambulance took the injured man to Hemel Hempstead Hospital where he was treated for minor injuries.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter