Man suffers burns in house fire

PUBLISHED: 12:23 18 November 2008 | UPDATED: 13:46 06 May 2010

A MAN suffered burns when a fire broke out at his home yesterday (Monday) afternoon. Firefighters were called to the blaze in Alban Avenue, St Albans, just before 5pm where they found smoke coming from the first floor of a house. Some of the firefighters

A MAN suffered burns when a fire broke out at his home yesterday (Monday) afternoon.

Firefighters were called to the blaze in Alban Avenue, St Albans, just before 5pm where they found smoke coming from the first floor of a house.

Some of the firefighters from St Albans fire station treated the casualty before the ambulance arrived while others entered the property to deal with the fire.

The fire, which had started by accident, was out by 5.30pm.

An ambulance took the injured man to Hemel Hempstead Hospital where he was treated for minor injuries.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Herts Advertiser. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Herts Advertiser