Man still in critical condition after St Albans crash
- Credit: Laura Bill
A man is still in hospital in a critical condition after a city centre crash on Friday.
The collision between a white lorry and a motorbike took place on Holywell Hill at 7.10am on Friday, January 10.
Shops and offices were closed until the afternoon while many police officers and paramedics dealt with the scene.
The motorcyclist sustained serious injuries, and was taken by air ambulance to the Royal London Hospital.
Sgt Simon Cooper, from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit, said: "We are appealing for anyone who witnessed the collision to come forward as a matter of urgency.
You may also want to watch:
"This is a busy stretch of road, and we believe that multiple people would have seen the incident occur or driven past soon after."
"If you did witness the incident, or have any information that you think could assist our investigation, please get in contact with us as soon as possible.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
"I'd also ask anyone who was driving in the area around the time and has a dash cam fitted to their vehicle to please review their footage."
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 or go to herts.police.uk/report.