Man smashed table after crashing Harpenden pub hen party
- Credit: Getty Images/Creatas RF
Damaging a glass top table in a Harpenden pub has ended up costing a man over £400 in court fines.
At St Albans Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday (7), Jozef Basinski, 31, of Crabtree Lane, Harpenden, was sentenced after pleaded guilty to causing £50 of damage to a table at The George, High Street, on September 13 this year.
The court heard that staff had told Basinski not to return to the pub, which had been hosting a hen party at the time, after being found in his underpants.
However after returning and smashing the table, he was arrested and removed from the premises by the police.
The court was told that Basinski stated that he had become “quite drunk” that evening, and after meeting friends at the pub, had flipped a table over, but did not know why.
You may also want to watch:
He apologised to the manager of the pub, and said that he was “gutted and ashamed” of his actions.
Basinski told the magistrates: “I apologise in full for wasting people’s time. I don’t know where it came from. I have been looking to get help with anger problems and I apologise.”
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 4 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 5 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 8 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
In sentencing, he was told by the magistrates’ bench that his early guilty plea and remorse, had been taken into consideration.
Basinski was fined a total of £426.50, including £161.50 in costs.