Man smashed table after crashing Harpenden pub hen party
- Credit: Getty Images/Creatas RF
Damaging a glass top table in a Harpenden pub has ended up costing a man over £400 in court fines.
At St Albans Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday (7), Jozef Basinski, 31, of Crabtree Lane, Harpenden, was sentenced after pleaded guilty to causing £50 of damage to a table at The George, High Street, on September 13 this year.
The court heard that staff had told Basinski not to return to the pub, which had been hosting a hen party at the time, after being found in his underpants.
However after returning and smashing the table, he was arrested and removed from the premises by the police.
The court was told that Basinski stated that he had become “quite drunk” that evening, and after meeting friends at the pub, had flipped a table over, but did not know why.
You may also want to watch:
He apologised to the manager of the pub, and said that he was “gutted and ashamed” of his actions.
Basinski told the magistrates: “I apologise in full for wasting people’s time. I don’t know where it came from. I have been looking to get help with anger problems and I apologise.”
- 1 Injunction served on Redbourn site to prevent any development
- 2 Hundreds of trees felled on Green Belt site 'to make way for travellers camp'
- 3 PTA gifts a bear to more than 300 pupils to commemorate return to school
- 4 'Out of touch' government demands more houses in St Albans
- 5 The latest court results from the St Albans area
- 6 Man assaulted in 'unprovoked attack in broad daylight' in St Albans
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Hertfordshire village of Knebworth
- 8 What's happening with district's vaccine supplies? St Albans MP is seeking answers
- 9 Which areas of St Albans district have seen the most people vaccinated?
- 10 Man in his 40s dies after crash between bus and car
In sentencing, he was told by the magistrates’ bench that his early guilty plea and remorse, had been taken into consideration.
Basinski was fined a total of £426.50, including £161.50 in costs.