Man seriously injured by collapsing wall in Bricket Wood
- Credit: Archant
A man is in a critical condition after a wall collapsed in Bricket Wood.
The ambulance service was called at 11.16am on Wednesday, August 9, to Field View Rise, where a wall had collapsed.
An ambulance crew, rapid response vehicle, ambulance officer and East Anglian Air Ambulance were sent to the scene, as well as fire crews from St Albans and Garston.
The fire service helped to extricate the man, believed to be in his 20s.
He was treated by the ambulance crew at the scene before being airlifted to Addenbrookes Hospital in a critical condition.
St Albans Rescue Support Unit attended the scene at 2.46pm to “assist with making safe a dangerous structure”.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 7 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 8 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 9 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 10 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment