Man seriously injured by collapsing wall in Bricket Wood
- Credit: Archant
A man is in a critical condition after a wall collapsed in Bricket Wood.
The ambulance service was called at 11.16am on Wednesday, August 9, to Field View Rise, where a wall had collapsed.
An ambulance crew, rapid response vehicle, ambulance officer and East Anglian Air Ambulance were sent to the scene, as well as fire crews from St Albans and Garston.
The fire service helped to extricate the man, believed to be in his 20s.
He was treated by the ambulance crew at the scene before being airlifted to Addenbrookes Hospital in a critical condition.
You may also want to watch:
St Albans Rescue Support Unit attended the scene at 2.46pm to “assist with making safe a dangerous structure”.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team