Air ambulance lands as man seriously injured in St Albans crash
- Credit: Laura Bill
A man has been seriously injured following a crash in St Albans city centre this morning, police have confirmed.
A collision between a van and a motorbike took place on Holywell Hill leading to its closure.
An air ambulance has now arrived on the scene, with a road ambulance also in attendance.
A spokeswoman for the Herts Police said: "Police were called at around 7.13am this morning (Friday January 10) to a report of a collision in Holywell Hill, St Albans.
"Two vehicles were involved, a motorcycle and a van.
You may also want to watch:
"The Ambulance service were also called to the scene (ambo ref 592), as well as the air ambulance service.
"A temporary road closure was put in place at around 7.30am to allow emergency services access to the scene.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 7 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 8 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 9 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 10 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
"One person was taken to hospital with serious injuries.
"We are currently asking motorists to avoid the area where possible and find alternate routes, as we are expecting the road to be closed for some time while officers investigate.
"Anyone who witnessed the incident, or has any information, is asked to contact us on the non-emergency number 101 quoting Op Simool."