Air ambulance lands as man seriously injured in St Albans crash
- Credit: Laura Bill
A man has been seriously injured following a crash in St Albans city centre this morning, police have confirmed.
A collision between a van and a motorbike took place on Holywell Hill leading to its closure.
An air ambulance has now arrived on the scene, with a road ambulance also in attendance.
A spokeswoman for the Herts Police said: "Police were called at around 7.13am this morning (Friday January 10) to a report of a collision in Holywell Hill, St Albans.
"Two vehicles were involved, a motorcycle and a van.
You may also want to watch:
"The Ambulance service were also called to the scene (ambo ref 592), as well as the air ambulance service.
"A temporary road closure was put in place at around 7.30am to allow emergency services access to the scene.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Look! Sneak peek inside Harpenden's new Eric Morecambe Centre
"One person was taken to hospital with serious injuries.
"We are currently asking motorists to avoid the area where possible and find alternate routes, as we are expecting the road to be closed for some time while officers investigate.
"Anyone who witnessed the incident, or has any information, is asked to contact us on the non-emergency number 101 quoting Op Simool."