Man robbed by gang in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A group of men tried to choke a man in his 20s during a robbery in St Albans.
In the early hours of Friday morning (15) a man was robbed of his phone, keys and watch by a gang.
He was walking along The Alban Way from the train station at about 2.15am when a group of men demanded he hand over his belongings,.
He was then put in a choke hold and lost consciousness, resulting in a graze above his eye and sore teeth.
When the victim came around he realised his belongings had gone.
You may also want to watch:
The group were seen heading towards Vanda Crescent in St Albans.
Det Sgt Katy Jackson, investigating, said: “This was a nasty incident and I would urge anyone who may have been in the area, seen this group of males or can provide any information at all to come forward, no matter how insignificant you think it may be, as it could greatly assist our investigation.”
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
Anyone with information can call the police on the non-emergency number 101.