Man robbed by gang in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A group of men tried to choke a man in his 20s during a robbery in St Albans.
In the early hours of Friday morning (15) a man was robbed of his phone, keys and watch by a gang.
He was walking along The Alban Way from the train station at about 2.15am when a group of men demanded he hand over his belongings,.
He was then put in a choke hold and lost consciousness, resulting in a graze above his eye and sore teeth.
When the victim came around he realised his belongings had gone.
The group were seen heading towards Vanda Crescent in St Albans.
Det Sgt Katy Jackson, investigating, said: “This was a nasty incident and I would urge anyone who may have been in the area, seen this group of males or can provide any information at all to come forward, no matter how insignificant you think it may be, as it could greatly assist our investigation.”
- 1 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 4 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 5 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school
- 9 St Albans' Rachel Andrews stars alongside James Nesbitt and Eddie Izzard in new Netflix series Stay Close
- 10 'Outstanding' qualities continue success story of St Albans secondary school
Anyone with information can call the police on the non-emergency number 101.