Man robbed by gang in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A group of men tried to choke a man in his 20s during a robbery in St Albans.
In the early hours of Friday morning (15) a man was robbed of his phone, keys and watch by a gang.
He was walking along The Alban Way from the train station at about 2.15am when a group of men demanded he hand over his belongings,.
He was then put in a choke hold and lost consciousness, resulting in a graze above his eye and sore teeth.
When the victim came around he realised his belongings had gone.
The group were seen heading towards Vanda Crescent in St Albans.
Det Sgt Katy Jackson, investigating, said: “This was a nasty incident and I would urge anyone who may have been in the area, seen this group of males or can provide any information at all to come forward, no matter how insignificant you think it may be, as it could greatly assist our investigation.”
- 1 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 2 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
- 3 Bank cards stolen from elderly woman
- 4 10 reasons to visit this sustainable, family-owned farm shop in St Albans
- 5 What next for Alban Arena and city centre culture?
- 6 Fight to save village Green Belt from development
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans Beer and Cider Festival set to return after two years
- 9 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 10 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
Anyone with information can call the police on the non-emergency number 101.