Man arrested in relation to St Albans footballer murder released without charge
- Credit: Archant
A man arrested over the murder of St Albans man Joseph Deacy in Ireland has been released without charge.
Mr Deacy, who played Gaelic football with St Colmcilles Gaelic Athletics Club, was found with head injuries by a passer-by in Swinford, County Mayo on Saturday, August 12 2017.
He died the next day, prompting the Irish police to launch a homicide investigation.
A man in his 20s was released without charge last night after being detained by Irish police in relation to Mr Deacy’s death.
Two men were arrested last November in relation to the death, but they were released without charge.
You may also want to watch:
The police are preparing a file for Ireland’s Director of Public Prosecutions.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan