Appeal following fatal crash in Sandridge
- Credit: Archant
A motorist has been killed in a crash just outside of St Albans last night.
A grey BMW 520D and a black Mercedes C180 were involved in a collision on St Albans Road shortly
before 9.30pm last night, and a man in his 30s died as a result.
Police are now appealing for anyone in the area at the time to contact them, including drivers with dashcams.
Sgt Simon Cooper from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit said: “Firstly, I would like to say that my thoughts are with the man’s friends and family at this difficult time.
“I am appealing for anybody who saw the collision or the events leading up to it to get in touch. Were you in the area? Did you see what happened?
“If you were driving in the area and have a dash cam fitted to your vehicle, please check it and let us know if you spot something that might help our enquiries.
“Any information you have, no matter how small it might seem, could be really important. Please get in touch by calling the non-emergency number 101 or emailing me at email@example.com quoting Operation Ermined.”
- 1 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 2 In pictures: Harpenden Christmas Carnival makes long-awaited return
- 3 Property Spotlight: See inside this stunning £2.1m period home in St Albans
- 4 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 5 1,000 new homes planned next to village
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Sing out for Christmas with Clarence Park carol service
- 8 Museum lit in orange to highlight gender-based violence
- 9 Extinction Rebellion protestors scale roof of Barclays in St Albans
- 10 Saints happy to escape Kent with a point after poor showing at Tonbridge