Man killed in Batford accident
A MAN has died in a road collision just outside of Harpenden in the early hours of this morning.
The collision occurred on the Lower Luton Road, near Batford, at around 5.25am, when a black Volkswagen Golf left the road and collided with a tree.
A rear passenger of the vehicle, a 28 year old man, sadly died at the scene. The driver and three other passengers received injuries that are not believed to be serious at this time.
Sergeant Colin Jenkinson from the Road Policing Unit said: “We’re thoroughly investigating the circumstances of this tragic collision and I’m asking for the public’s help.
“I’d like to speak to anyone who was travelling along the Lower Luton Road this morning and saw the black Volkswagen Golf prior to the incident, or anyone who saw the collision occur. Please contact us, your information could be extremely useful to the investigation.”
You may also want to watch:
The Lower Luton Road is currently closed in both directions at East Hyde and at the junction with Bowers Heath Lane. It is expected to remain closed until at least 9.30am.
Anyone with information should contact police via the non-emergency number 101, quoting Operation Datum.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park