Man injured after St Albans assault
A ST ALBANS man was left with a fractured cheek bone and bruising after an assault last month, leading police to appeal for witnesses.
The 56-year-old was on Victoria Street at around 8.35pm on September 19 when he apparently tripped over a man’s bicycle near to the Maltings car park.
This then reportedly led to a dispute between the men.
Police are looking for a white man aged in his early 20s of slim build and between 5ft 5in and 5ft 7in tall.
He had short dark cropped hair and was wearing a dark coloured, long-sleeved sweatshirt and jeans.
DC Stuart Alexander, from the St Albans Local Crime Unit, said: “We know that there were a number of people in the area at the time and I would be keen to speak to anyone who believes they saw the incident.”
Anyone with information about the incident should contact police on the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 2 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 4 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 5 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 6 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Man in his 20s stabbed in shopping area in Hemel Hempstead
- 9 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
- 10 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.