Man injured after St Albans assault
A ST ALBANS man was left with a fractured cheek bone and bruising after an assault last month, leading police to appeal for witnesses.
The 56-year-old was on Victoria Street at around 8.35pm on September 19 when he apparently tripped over a man’s bicycle near to the Maltings car park.
This then reportedly led to a dispute between the men.
Police are looking for a white man aged in his early 20s of slim build and between 5ft 5in and 5ft 7in tall.
He had short dark cropped hair and was wearing a dark coloured, long-sleeved sweatshirt and jeans.
You may also want to watch:
DC Stuart Alexander, from the St Albans Local Crime Unit, said: “We know that there were a number of people in the area at the time and I would be keen to speak to anyone who believes they saw the incident.”
Anyone with information about the incident should contact police on the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 4 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 7 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 8 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.