Man injured after St Albans assault
A ST ALBANS man was left with a fractured cheek bone and bruising after an assault last month, leading police to appeal for witnesses.
The 56-year-old was on Victoria Street at around 8.35pm on September 19 when he apparently tripped over a man’s bicycle near to the Maltings car park.
This then reportedly led to a dispute between the men.
Police are looking for a white man aged in his early 20s of slim build and between 5ft 5in and 5ft 7in tall.
He had short dark cropped hair and was wearing a dark coloured, long-sleeved sweatshirt and jeans.
You may also want to watch:
DC Stuart Alexander, from the St Albans Local Crime Unit, said: “We know that there were a number of people in the area at the time and I would be keen to speak to anyone who believes they saw the incident.”
Anyone with information about the incident should contact police on the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 3 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 4 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 5 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 6 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 7 Lease up for grabs on vacant Batchwood Hall building
- 8 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 9 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 10 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.