Man in hospital after Wagamama’s brawl
- Credit: Archant
A man is in hospital after brawling with staff inside Wagamama’s in St Albans.
Eight police officers were called at 8.18pm on Saturday, August 5 to the Christopher Place restaurant.
This followed reports of a fight between a man and three others inside the popular eatery.
Despite rumours on social media, police say no weapons were used.
They refused to confirm or deny the man worked at Wagamama’s.
He was detained by police, and it became apparent he had suffered a medical episode.
The ambulance service were called at 8.39pm, having been told the man was unconscious.
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 3 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 4 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 5 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 6 St Albans named best in the UK for recycling
- 7 More harsh truths in the St Albans City dressing room as mistakes cost them at Chippenham
- 8 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 9 Controversial plans to build quarry in Hatfield scrapped
- 10 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
An air ambulance landed at Westminster Lodge and the crew travelled to Christopher Place.
They were joined by a land ambulance crew, rapid response team, and fire and rescue.
The land ambulance took him to hospital, where he remains in a stable condition.
No arrests have been made.
Wagamama’s have said four members of staff were injured, and have now been discharged from hospital.