Man in hospital after Wagamama’s brawl
- Credit: Archant
A man is in hospital after brawling with staff inside Wagamama’s in St Albans.
Eight police officers were called at 8.18pm on Saturday, August 5 to the Christopher Place restaurant.
This followed reports of a fight between a man and three others inside the popular eatery.
Despite rumours on social media, police say no weapons were used.
They refused to confirm or deny the man worked at Wagamama’s.
You may also want to watch:
He was detained by police, and it became apparent he had suffered a medical episode.
The ambulance service were called at 8.39pm, having been told the man was unconscious.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
An air ambulance landed at Westminster Lodge and the crew travelled to Christopher Place.
They were joined by a land ambulance crew, rapid response team, and fire and rescue.
The land ambulance took him to hospital, where he remains in a stable condition.
No arrests have been made.
Wagamama’s have said four members of staff were injured, and have now been discharged from hospital.