Man in hospital after Wagamama’s brawl
- Credit: Archant
A man is in hospital after brawling with staff inside Wagamama’s in St Albans.
Eight police officers were called at 8.18pm on Saturday, August 5 to the Christopher Place restaurant.
This followed reports of a fight between a man and three others inside the popular eatery.
Despite rumours on social media, police say no weapons were used.
They refused to confirm or deny the man worked at Wagamama’s.
He was detained by police, and it became apparent he had suffered a medical episode.
The ambulance service were called at 8.39pm, having been told the man was unconscious.
- 1 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 2 Recap: Lorry catches fire on M25 in Hertfordshire
- 3 St Albans Post Office branch re-opening after three years
- 4 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 5 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 6 Local NHS111 service provider to handle minor injuries at St Albans City Hospital
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 9 Recap: Rail firm cancels trains due to Herts 'operational issue'
- 10 Woodland access saved by Chiswell Green campaigner
An air ambulance landed at Westminster Lodge and the crew travelled to Christopher Place.
They were joined by a land ambulance crew, rapid response team, and fire and rescue.
The land ambulance took him to hospital, where he remains in a stable condition.
No arrests have been made.
Wagamama’s have said four members of staff were injured, and have now been discharged from hospital.