Man In Court Over St Albans Arson Attack
A 25-year-old man charged following an arson attack on a caravan parked on a driveway of a St Albans home on Tuesday evening has been granted bail. Joseph Cross, from Hillside Road, St Albans, stands accused of arson recklessly endangering life and intimi
A 25-year-old man charged following an arson attack on a caravan parked on a driveway of a St Albans home on Tuesday evening has been granted bail.
Joseph Cross, from Hillside Road, St Albans, stands accused of arson recklessly endangering life and intimidating a witness.
He was arrested following the fire in Green Lane which broke out at around 6.30pm and quickly engulfed the caravan before starting to spread to the adjoining property, forcing the occupants to flee into the back garden.
Firefighters managed to contain the flames, but the caravan was left gutted and damage was caused to the front of the house.
Two other people, a 27-year-old woman from St Albans and a 28-year-old man from Welwyn Garden City, were also arrested but later released without charge.
Cross appeared in court yesterday (Thursday) afternoon and was granted conditional bail until his next hearing.
- 1 LIVE: St Albans and Harpenden A-level results 2022
- 2 Hemel Hempstead man wanted as part of assault investigation
- 3 St Albans one of the UK's top 10 most beautiful cities, says tiling firm
- 4 'Minor explosions' heard during garage fire near St Albans
- 5 Franco Manca receives licence to serve alcohol in St Albans
- 6 Person dies after being hit by a train between St Albans and London
- 7 All trains cancelled between St Albans Abbey and Watford
- 8 'Get a grip on lawless Charter Market', traders demand in leaked audio
- 9 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 10 Two Renault Trafic vans broken into in Hemel Hempstead
Police are still appealing for witnesses to the incident and anyone that can help should contact 0845 33 00 222.