Man In Court Over St Albans Arson Attack
A 25-year-old man charged following an arson attack on a caravan parked on a driveway of a St Albans home on Tuesday evening has been granted bail. Joseph Cross, from Hillside Road, St Albans, stands accused of arson recklessly endangering life and intimi
A 25-year-old man charged following an arson attack on a caravan parked on a driveway of a St Albans home on Tuesday evening has been granted bail.
Joseph Cross, from Hillside Road, St Albans, stands accused of arson recklessly endangering life and intimidating a witness.
He was arrested following the fire in Green Lane which broke out at around 6.30pm and quickly engulfed the caravan before starting to spread to the adjoining property, forcing the occupants to flee into the back garden.
Firefighters managed to contain the flames, but the caravan was left gutted and damage was caused to the front of the house.
You may also want to watch:
Two other people, a 27-year-old woman from St Albans and a 28-year-old man from Welwyn Garden City, were also arrested but later released without charge.
Cross appeared in court yesterday (Thursday) afternoon and was granted conditional bail until his next hearing.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 6 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 7 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 8 Shortages crisis hits district
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
Police are still appealing for witnesses to the incident and anyone that can help should contact 0845 33 00 222.