Man In Court Over St Albans Arson Attack
A 25-year-old man charged following an arson attack on a caravan parked on a driveway of a St Albans home on Tuesday evening has been granted bail. Joseph Cross, from Hillside Road, St Albans, stands accused of arson recklessly endangering life and intimi
A 25-year-old man charged following an arson attack on a caravan parked on a driveway of a St Albans home on Tuesday evening has been granted bail.
Joseph Cross, from Hillside Road, St Albans, stands accused of arson recklessly endangering life and intimidating a witness.
He was arrested following the fire in Green Lane which broke out at around 6.30pm and quickly engulfed the caravan before starting to spread to the adjoining property, forcing the occupants to flee into the back garden.
Firefighters managed to contain the flames, but the caravan was left gutted and damage was caused to the front of the house.
You may also want to watch:
Two other people, a 27-year-old woman from St Albans and a 28-year-old man from Welwyn Garden City, were also arrested but later released without charge.
Cross appeared in court yesterday (Thursday) afternoon and was granted conditional bail until his next hearing.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 SustFest hosting Open Food Gardens event across district
Police are still appealing for witnesses to the incident and anyone that can help should contact 0845 33 00 222.